Researchers identify three new versions of the banking trojan that include various new features, including GPS tracking and novel obfuscation techniques.
Posts tagged "updated"
More of Microsoft’s apps are slowly being updated to match the aesthetic of Windows 11, but three apps could also benefit from this upgrade.
Notepad is the latest to reap the benefits of Fluent Design, with re-arranged features, an updated look, and a dark mode option for when you decide to change your desktop theme to a darker shade.
Currently in testing in the Insider Build Dev Channel of Windows 11, where you can test features under development, it’s the most significant update of Notepad in years, similar to Paint’s update a few months ago.
However, with Notepad and soon a new Windows Media Player about to be released to everyone in a forthcoming update, we wondered what other applications could benefit from a similar refresh in Windows 11.
Our three picks
Users of iOS 15 have been treated to a redesigned weather app, which adapts to the state of the weather in your location. If it’s raining, droplets of water will bounce and land on the menus, while a ray of sunshine with lens flare will cover the whole layout on another day.
Seeing something similar in Windows 11 would be great, compared to the simple user interface we currently have. There’s a weather widget, but it feels as though there should be more to take advantage of the Fluent Design language of Windows 11.
Alongside this, notifications would be a great addition for when there’s rain scheduled, so you can prepare for an umbrella when you need to head out for some errands.
While you can download games from the redesigned Microsoft Store, alongside Android apps that are about to arrive for Windows 11, there’s a distinct lack of built-in games available.
Windows XP, released in 2001, arrived with a built-in pinball game that allowed you to ramp up high scores to see how long you could last with three balls.
While we spoke about how the game has been rebuilt as a web app, we’d love to see a sequel or a remake come to Windows 11. Have it feature achievements and unique 2-player modes. Perhaps allow each player to control one flip action, while another controls part of the pinball table.
There’s plenty of potential here, and after twenty years, it’s time for a revival.
Updating your PC can be frustrating, especially when an update doesn’t work properly. Going to the Settings app in Windows 11 is a slight improvement compared to Windows 10, mainly due to available updates being more visible, but there’s a lot more that can be done.
Easier ways of seeing which updates were installed and which failed would be a great first start, but the process of registering and de-registering for the Windows Insider Programme could go a long way.
This is where you can try out versions of Windows under development that have features not available to the wider public. This is how Notepad and the new Windows Media Player are currently being tested.
If you want to remove your PC from the Insider Programme, you’re required to wipe your PC, which isn’t an ideal solution. Apple does it better by removing your Mac or iOS from the beta program once a new update is officially released, leaving your data completely.
Instead, having the Insider Programme and Windows Update as one separate app, with a simplified user interface could be a big help to those who are anxious about updating their PCs, in fear of updates worsening their devices.
Updates with explainers on what they are and what they feature could help break down that anxiety and give a greater understanding of what an update can provide.
- Our picks of the best laptops in December 2021
Some big hitters are coming to Disney Plus in March 2020, including the fantastic Black Panther, which finally joins the collection of Marvel movies on the service.
Now Disney has revealed the full list of movies and TV shows on Disney Plus for March 2020, we've updated this list. You can check out Ice Age, for example, as more non-Disney animated movies from Fox start moving onto the service.
We already of a few other releases on Disney Plus beforehand in March 2020, like the original movie Stargirl, which was previously revealed as March 13. And The Clone Wars' final season will continue throughout March 2020 after debuting on February 21. Dreadful guinea pig action movie G-Force also joins in on the fun from March 14.
Other originals, like Shop Class presented by Justin Long, are more kid-oriented, but we've listed those below too in case they take your fancy. We've bolded out our personal highlights, and we've updated this list now we know everything on Disney Plus in March 2020.
- The Mandalorian season 2: what we know about the Star Wars show's return
- Best Disney Plus movies: what to watch right now
- How to watch the Marvel movies in order
Disney Plus in March 2020: movies and TV shows confirmed so far
- Doctor Dolittle 2 – March 1
- Ice Age – March 1
- Black Panther – March 4
- Bedtime Stories – March 5
- The Finest Hours (Returning Title) – March 6
- Three on the Run – March 6
- One Day at Disney (new episode) – March 6
- Disney Fairy Tale Weddings (new episode) – March 6
- Marvel Hero Project (new episode) – March 6
- Diary of a Future President (new episode)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (new episode) – March 6
- Shop Class (new episode) – March 6
- Stargirl – March 13
- Wicked Tuna (S3-8) – March 13
- Wicked Tuna: Outer Banks (S1-6) – March 13
- Zorro – Second Series (S1) – March 13
- One Day at Disney (new episode) – March 13
- Disney Fairy Tale Weddings (new episode) – March 13
- Marvel Hero Project (new episode) – March 13
- Diary of a Future President (new episode) – March 13
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (new episode) – March 13
- Shop Class (new episode) – March 13
- G-Force – March 14
- Big Hero 6 The Series (S2) – March 17
- One Day at Disney (new episode) – March 20
- Disney Fairy Tale Weddings (new episode) – March 20
- I Didn’t Do It (S1-2) – March 20
- Playtime with Puppy Dog Pals: Puppy Playcare (S2) – March 20
- Vampirina Ghoul Girls Rock! (S2) – March 20
- Marvel Hero Project (new episode) – March 20
- Diary of a Future President (new episode) – March 20
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (new episode) – March 20
- Shop Class (new episode) – March 20
- A Wrinkle in Time – March 25
- One Day at Disney (new episode) – March 27
- Disney Fairy Tale Weddings (new episode) – March 27
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (new episode) – March 27
- Shop Class (new episode) – March 27